The Health Department in Sindh Province has announced the opening of admissions to the Public Medical Colleges located in the city of Karachi, Hyderabad, Mirpurkhas, and Sukkur. The following article highlights the details of how you can apply for admission to these medical colleges, who will be eligible, and which key dates you’ll need to keep an eye on during this process.
Sindh Public Medical Colleges Admissions for 2022-23 is now open and students from all over Sindh and abroad are gearing up to apply for one of these prestigious institutions. The Sindh Public Medical College Admission Process is conducted annually by the Dow University Of Health Sciences, Karachi. It is a highly competitive process and requires meeting certain eligibility criteria as set by the PMC.
In this article, we will be discussing the eligibility criteria, process, and important dates to keep in mind while applying for admission to a Sindh Public Medical College.
The admission process for Sindh Public Medical Colleges includes both online application forms and submissions of the printed form where you must fill in all the necessary information. After submitting your form, you will then be called for an interview and the selection of successful candidates will be based on their performance in the interview. After being selected, you will be required to pay a fee to secure your admission.
Sindh Public Medical Colleges Admissions
Applicants are invited to apply to medical and dental university and college programs in the academic year 2022-23 in the categories of merit-based and self-financing for students of the Sindh province. Admissions are open in the following public medical colleges in Sindh;
- Dow University of health sciences, (DUHS), Karachi.
- Jinnah Sindh Medical University (JSMU), Karachi.
- Gambat Medical College, Gambat.
- Karachi Medical and Dental College, Karachi.
- Khairpur Medical College, Khairpur Mirs.
- Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical College, Lyari, Karachi.
- Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences, (LUMHS), Jamshoro.
- Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University (SMBBMU), Larkana.
- Peoples University of Medical & Health Sciences for Women, (PUMHSW) Shaheed Benazirabad.
Also Read: UHS MBBS & BDS Admissions Session 2022-2023
Sindh Medical Colleges Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Sindh Public Medical Colleges admissions are;
- Candidates must be domiciled in Sindh (from tagged districts of relevant universities/Colleges).
- Candidates must have passed intermediate/HSSC Pre-Medical or equivalent examination (eg. A-Level, 12th grade, etc.) with a minimum of 60% marks.
- As per PMC regulations, MDCAT 2022-23 with pass percentage for admission in MBBS is 55% and BDS is 45% OR MDCAT 2021-22 with a pass percentage for admission in MBBS and BDS is 65%.
Applying to Sindh Public Medical Colleges is a straightforward process that begins with the submission of an online application with printed forms. Applicants must make sure to meet the eligibility criteria and provide all the required documents before submitting their applications.
Please follow these simple steps when applying;
A candidate must download and print the application form and challan from the university’s website.
MBBS & BDS applicants must manually fill out the printed application form and attach required documents with a challan of Rs. 2000/- (non-refundable processing fee) for each program (Both for MBBS and BDS).
Through designated branches of TCS listed below, candidates will submit their application form along with the required documents to one of the above-mentioned selection centers.
For MBBS & BDS programs, candidates must fill out an online application available on the university’s website.
The online form shall be filled out on the websites of the following universities:
• Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS), Karachi (Click Here)
• Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences (LUMHS), Jamshoro (Click Here)
• Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University (SMBBMU), Larkana (Click Here )
The online prospectus and application forms are available on the website of the respective universities.
• Applicants must fill out both online and printed application forms.
• The candidates must send a hard copy of the duly completed application form along with the relevant documents in a sealed envelope to the tagged district’s university (DUHS/LUMHS/SMBBMU).
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted or considered.
• Each application form will be charged Rs. 210 by TCS.
Also Read: KMU Medical Colleges Admission Now Open
Last Date for Apply
The last date to apply for Sindh Public Medical Colleges is Tuesday 13th December 2022. All interested candidates are advised to submit their applications before the deadline to be considered for admission.
Applications will only be accepted if they are complete and submitted on time. No incomplete or late applications will be accepted. The application form and all the necessary documents must be submitted along with the application form. It is important to read all the instructions carefully before applying.
Candidates must also make sure that they have all the required documents at hand when applying for admission. All documents must be genuine and authentic in order for the application to be considered. Once the applications are received, they will be processed and forwarded to the concerned authorities for further processing.
We urge all interested candidates to apply as soon as possible so that they don’t miss out on this opportunity. Good luck!