If you’re looking to get into medical college, now’s the time to start thinking about which colleges you’d like to apply to and figuring out what makes each of them unique. The good news is that the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) province has recently announced that admission for session 2022-23 are now open. Here are the complete details on how to apply and another admission process.
Khyber Medical University (KMU), the admitting university of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, welcomes applications from individuals interested in pursuing MBBS/BDS programs at the following public sector medical and dental colleges in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, as well as reciprocal seats in AJK and other provinces.
List of KPK Medical Colleges
Medical Colleges of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa:
1. Ayub Medical College, Abbottabad
2. Bacha Khan Medical College, Mardan
3. Bannu Medical College, Bannu
4. Gajju Khan Medical College, Swabi
5. Gomal Medical College, D.I Khan
6. Khyber Medical College, Peshawar
7. Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar
8. KMU-Institute of Medical Sciences, Kohat
9. Nowshera Medical College, Nowshera
10. Saidu Medical College, Swat
Dental Colleges of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa:
1. Ayub Medical College, Dental Section, Abbottabad
2. Bacha Khan Dental College, Mardan
3. Khyber College of Dentistry, Peshawar
4. KMU-Institute of Dental Sciences, Kohat
5. Saidu College of Dentistry, Swat
Reciprocal Seats in Punjab and Azad Jammu & Kashmir:
1. Azad Jammu & Kashmir Medical College Muzaffarabad, AJ&K
2. Mohtarama Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Medical College Mirpur, AJ& K
3. Nishtar Medical College, Multan, Punjab
4. Poonch Medical College Rawlakot, AJ& K
KMU MBBS/BDS Eligibility 2022:
- The candidate must have obtained a Higher Secondary School Certificate or FSc (PreMedical) or equivalent certificate from any BISE in Pakistan or overseas with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Candidates who have completed the Medical & Dental Colleges Admission Test (MDCAT) 2022 with at least 55% in MBBS and 45% in BDS. Repeating applicants may utilize their MDCAT 2021 results, subject to PMC equivalence.
- Candidates from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/ Newly Merged Tribal Districts (NMTD).
KMU MBBS/BDS Merit Criteria
The following weightage criteria shall be used to calculate Aggregate Percentage:
i. Secondary School Certificate (SSC) or equivalent = 10%
ii. Intermediate Pre-Medical / (HSSC) or equivalent = 40%
iii. MDCAT = 50%
How to Apply for KMU?
Candidates must apply online at the KMU admissions website (http://cas.kmu.edu.pk) using the steps/procedure outlined below:
Go to http://cas.kmu.edu.pk and click the Create Account button.
To finish the process, follow the on-screen directions.
Enter your information and choose the type of seats for which you are qualified (Open Merit, General Self Finance, Foreign Self Finance, NMTD/Ex-FATA, OPF, Disabled, Backward Area, Reciprocal, APS, Afghan National, and Minorities). For MBBS and BDS open and general self-finance quota seats, a separate admission form and fee must be submitted.
Attach legible scanned copies of the required papers.
Create the fee slip(s) (Open Merit, General Self Finance, Foreign Self Finance, NMTD/Ex-FATA, OPF, Disabled, Backward Area, Reciprocal, APS, Afghan National, and Minorities) and print it. Visit Khyber bank and deposit the application processing fee (non-refundable/non-transferable) for both MBBS and BDS individually. For MBBS and BDS, separate admission forms and fees must be submitted.
A separate application processing fee must be given for General Self-Finance seats in both categories for MBBS and BDS.
Log in again to confirm your payment information and submit your application.
Please Note: Keep your original Fee slip as proof during admissions.
Also Read: SZABMU Admission 2022 For MBBS/BDS Programs
KMU Important Instructions:
i) Incomplete or inadequate application forms will not be considered.
(ii) No admission forms will be received by mail or courier.
(iii) Applicants from NMTD/Ex-FATA and Backward Areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa must provide their certificates of institute location (INNER CANDIDATES) as per the samples posted on the KMU admissions website; else, their application forms will be rejected.
(iv) In the designated fields provided in the online form, the applicant must list college(s) for admission in order of priority.
(v) Applicants selected for any category must deposit their fee in the KMU account within three (03) working days of receiving the admission offer letter (PMC Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum, and Conduct) Regulations & Policy 2022-23), failing which the next applicant on the merit list will be offered admission to facilitate timely completion of the admission process.
(vi) The website contains information on the allotment of seats for various categories in separate medical/dental institutions.
(vii) Those qualified to apply for Open Merit Seats may also apply for MBBS Reciprocal Seats available to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa domicile holders. Candidates who have been selected and accepted an offer of admission against a reciprocal seat do not have the right to be upgraded in their order of preferences owing to time constraints.
(viii) NMTD/Ex-FATA domicile holders can apply on merit to medical institutes in Azad Jammu and Kashmir and other provinces of Pakistan. NMTD/Ex-FATA domicile holders are not eligible to apply for OPEN Merit seats in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
(ix) KMU will admit students on the basis of Open Merit, General Self-Finance, Foreign Self-Finance, NMTD/Ex-FATA, Disabled, KP Backward Areas, Minorities, Children of OPF, Afghan Nationals, reciprocal Seats, and Army Public School seats.
(x) Applicants desiring to apply for international self-finance seats must have permanent foreign nationality, dual nationality (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa domicile), and have studied and passed the HSSC 12th grade examination or equivalent from abroad.
(xi) Under the guidelines, any candidate who is discovered to have submitted forged certificates or fraudulent documents/information at any stage of admission would be prohibited from admission to any medical/dental institution. The candidate’s admission will be CANCELLED.
(xii) If any aspect of the admission procedure is unclear in the advertising, the KMU Admission Policy and PMC Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum, and Conduct) Regulations & Policy 2022-23 shall be reviewed for a final judgment.
(xiii) There will be no separate call letters for interviews/placement, etc. This information will be available on KMU’s official website until the admissions process is completed.
Recommended For You:
KMU Application Processing Fee:
For the MBBS and BDS programs, there will be a separate application processing fee. ( Amount in PKR).
- MBBS = 3000/-
- BDS = 3000/-
- MBBS Self = 3000/-
- BDS Self = 3000/-
KMU Admission Schedule Dates
Please see the Admission Schedule below.
1. Availability of Admission form on https://cas.kmu.edu.pk Date: 25.11.2022
2. the Last date for submission of admission Forms Date: 09.12.2022
3. Medical Board of Disabled Candidates Date: 13.12.2022
4. Hifz-e-Quran Test Dates: 14-15. 12.2022
5. Receipt of appeals by disqualified candidates from Hifz-e-Quran and Disabled: Date: 16-17.12.2022
6. Appellate committee meeting for Disabled/Hifz-e-Quran candidates: Date: 19.12.2022
7. Display of provisional merit list Date: 21.12.2022
8. Submission of objections/claims regarding provisional merit list Date: 22-23.12.2022
9. Meeting of appellate Scrutiny Committee for objections/ claims/complaints Date: 24.12.2022
10. Display of final merit list Date: 27.12.2022
11. Placement on open merit and General Self Finance quota seats MBBS/BDS Date: 28-31.12.2022
12. Placement of candidates on special quota seats (Foreign Self Finance, OPF, Ex-FATA/NMDs, Disables, Minorities, APS, and Afghan Nationals seats Date: 28-31.12.2022
13. Commencement of Classes Date: 1 March 2023
If you have any issues or questions, please contact KMU at:
Email: [email protected].