The MDCAT (Medical and Dental College Admission Test) is administered each year to MDCAT aspirants who are interested in pursuing careers in the medical and dental professions. The Council of Admissions Representatives has announced the official date of the 2022 Medical & Dental College Admission Test (MDCAT). The test will be held on the 13th of November 2022, just as it has been every year since the test’s inception in 1998.
PMC Medical and Dental Council Meeting
In its meeting on September 7 and 27, 2022, the Medical and Dental Council, approved the following
1. The MDCAT will take place on November 13th, 2022, at the following public universities across all provinces and in Islamabad:
i. Bolan University of Medical & Health Sciences (Baluchistan).
ii. University of Health Services (Punjab).
iii. Khyber Medical University (KPK) (ETEA).
iv. Dow University of Health Sciences (Sindh).
v Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University (Islamabad, AJK, Gilgit Baltistan).
2. The MDCAT pass rate for admission to MBBS is 55% and for BDS it is 45%. To clarify, someone with an FSC (Pre Medical) degree or with 60% marks on an equivalent certification will be eligible for admission into a medical degree program like MBBS or BDS. Pass rates will apply prospectively.
3. The administering universities will decide on the mode of examination: either by themselves or through a testing agency.
4. On the same day after the MDCAT exam, the concerned universities will upload the answer keys of the papers on the PMC website.
5. It has been announced that exam centers will be created in countries that have more than 100 students enrolled in the MDCAT program. MDCAT will now be conducted in two different centers. Citizens from UAE or Saudi Arabia in other countries must either change the place of the exam to their home country or travel to Pakistan for it.
6. For foreign students, the online portal will remain open until 10th October 2022.
Recommended: How to prepare for the MDCAT 2022?
MDCAT 2022 QUERIES:
Q 1. What books should we follow?
From July 2022 we advised you to follow your province books + PMC syllabus and we are still correct so I will advise you again to stick to your province books + PMC syllabus.
Q 2. How about MCQs Bank?
There is no confirmation about Mcqs Bank. But it doesn’t matter at this point. Because each province paper will be according to their province books, even a single Mcqs will not be out of the province book.