The University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore is a public research university in Pakistan. UHS is one of the leading medical universities in the country, offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Founded in 1951 as a teaching hospital, UHS has since grown into an institution with both medical and non-medical departments. It offers undergraduate degrees (MBBS & BDS) which are recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
UHS Admissions Session 2022-2023
The University of Health Sciences (UHS), Lahore, invites online applications from eligible candidates for admission to the MBBS and BDS programs in the Government Medical and Dental Institutions of Punjab.
UHS Online Apply Date 2022
Application forms can be submitted online from 3rd December 2022 (Saturday). The closing date for the Online Application is 12th December 2022 (Monday). To avoid any hassle please apply as soon as possible.
UHS MBBS/BDS Eligibility Criteria:
The following are the eligibility criteria for UHS MBBS and BDS admissions:
- The applicant has passed F.Sc./HSSC (Pre-Medical) or an equivalent examination with the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics/Mathematics and obtained a minimum mark of 60% in each subject area administered.
- The applicant must have a domicile certificate from any district in Punjab.
- Candidates who have a domicile in Islamabad (ICT) can apply for open merit seats only.
- Candidates must score at least 55 percent (i.e., 110 out of 200) in the MDCAT-2022 for admission to MBBS and 45 percent (90 out of 200) marks in the BDS program.
- If a repeating candidate has completed an MDCAT-2021 exam with a score of 65% or above, they can use their result.
Recommended For You:
UHS Prospectus 2022
Get the latest UHS prospectus 2022 and get all the important information about the UHS MBBS and BDS Admission for session 2022-2023.
UHS MBBS/BDS Merit Calculation:
The following criteria will be used to calculate merit for admission:
- Matriculation/SSC/Equivalent – 10%
- F.Sc./HSSC Pre-Medical / equivalent – 40%
- MDCAT – 50%
How to apply for admission in UHS:
For applying online please follow these easy steps;
- Candidates should complete the online application form provided by the UHS. For the Online Apply visit this link given the UHS Apply Link
- Create an account by entering your E-mail ID and Password.
- First, give your preference for the MBBS or BDS program.
- You can then select the category of seats you wish to apply for.
- Be sure to enter your personal information (name, address, contact number, etc.) on the application form.
- Give your preference for medical and/or dental colleges. A candidate can select all or as many colleges as he/she wishes to enter (depending upon the category of seats), but may rank them in order—i.e., first choice, second choice, and so on. This order/preference shall be final. An applicant shall be considered for admission only at the colleges he/she has listed in his/her Order of Preference.
- Applicants for ‘Huffaz-e-Quran’ and “Students with Disabilities’ must fill out the appropriate boxes on their application forms, as well as upload any required documents. They will receive emails detailing their Hafiz-e-Quran Test/Medical Board tests.
- Please upload scanned copies of the documents listed in your prospectus.
- Before submitting your application, please verify that all the information and attachments are correct. Once submitted, applications cannot be edited.
- After submitting your application, a confirmation notice will be sent to the address you provided. Print out this confirmation message and take it with you when you go to pay processing fees at any branch of Standard Chartered Bank or its partner locations.
- Visit a branch of The Bank of Punjab (BOP), with the ‘Final Copy’ and fee challan, to deposit your Rs.1,000 admission processing fee. Your application is now complete.
Also Read: SZABMU Admission 2022 For MBBS/BDS Programs
Important Guidelines About UHS Admission
- HSSC Pre-Medical/equivalent exam candidates who passed their exams in 2021 are now applying for admissions to medical and dental colleges for the 2022-23 session, when calculating their scores, only the marks they have obtained in science subjects (i.e., Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics) will be used.
- In short FSs Students of 2021, Only elective subjects marks will be considered for the final merit calculation.
- Applications must be submitted through the online portal. Reject applications that are incomplete or do not follow prescribed procedures.
- If the processing fee is not paid within the deadline, your application will be rejected.
- Any candidate found to have submitted forged/fake or fabricated documents, or incorrect information during the candidature will be immediately rejected.
- Please read the Prospectus for Session 2022-2023 carefully before applying to the university.
- Selected candidates will receive an SMS/Email informing them that they’ve been admitted to one or more programs at UHS.
- They can pay the application fee by depositing in person at any BOP branch by the due date mentioned on their challan.
- They can deposit the portal either manually or via online transaction. The status of their registration will be updated automatically once payment is made.
- All admitted candidates are required to submit their college fees before the deadline. If a candidate does not pay his or her fee by the due date, his or her admission will be canceled.
UHS Hifz-e-Quran Test Date;
The UHS Hifz-e-Quran Test will be held on the following dates: 10th – 13th December 2022 (at UHS Lahore).
The UHS Hifz-e-Quran Test is a compulsory part of the admission process. Candidates must have passed the Quran memorization stage before taking admission.
UHS Medical Board for Students with Disabilities Date: 10th – 13th December 2022 (at UHS Lahore)
Recommended For You:
UHS MBBS/BDS Merit List Date;
The first Provisional Merit List of candidates is to be displayed on 15th December 2022 (Thursday). The final Merit List of candidates will be displayed on 17th December 2022 (Saturday).
The admission process at UHS is a long and tedious one. The candidates must be prepared to go through it with patience and diligence. With this information, we hope that you have a better understanding of how the admissions process works at UHS and can manage your time accordingly. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below—best wishes for your future.